More

    Whyte Rejects Idea of Step-Aside Deal To Allow Fury-Joshua

    Heavyweight contender Dillian Whyte has rejected the idea of a taking a step-aside deal to allow a full division unification between world champion Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua.

    Whyte is the mandatory challenger to Fury’s WBC heavyweight title.

    Pursuant to a WBC order from 2019, Whyte has to receive his mandatory shot by February 2021.

    dillian-whyte (2)_10

    Whyte returns on August 22 in Brentwood, against former WBA champion Alexander Povetkin.

    Fury has to take part in a trilogy fight with Deontay Wilder on December 19, with Joshua defending his WBA, IBF, WBO, IBO world titles against mandatory challenger Kubrat Pulev in the coming months.

    The teams behind Fury and Joshua have had ongoing discussions to face each other in 2021, as part of a two-fight series. Some of the financial particulars have already been agreed upon.

    But if the champions win their bouts and intend to move forward with a planned bout – Whyte will stand his ground in getting his WBC title shot beforehand, and he won’t entertain any step-aside money, as he strongly feels that he’s waited long enough to get his opportunity to fight for the full title.

    “Nah, there’s to be no step-aside. I’ve waited long enough,” Whyte told The Telegraph.

    “I’m not getting any younger, I’m getting older. I just want to be world champion and reign and unify.

    “So the sooner I can get the world title the sooner I can go about that. So, no I’m not looking to step aside at all.”

    This article was originally published on www.boxingscene.com

    Related articles

    Latest articles

    Morning Report: Zabit Magomedsharipov reacts to Yair Rodriguez’s withdrawal, calls for title shot

    Earlier this week, it was announced that Zabit Magomedsharipov was in need of an opponent, and the third-ranked featherweight contender already has someone in...

    BAD BLOOD : Jason ”Pyscho” Wilnis vs Simon ”The One” Marcus – THIS IS PURE RIVARLY

    Look back at some of the most exciting BAD BLOOD matchups we've seen in GLORY.Watch as Simon ''The One'' Marcus (Canada), one of the most physically imposing fighters and the former GLORY middleweight champion, takes on Jason ''Pyscho'' Wilnis (Netherlands) in a trilogy during their GLORY years. An epic clash between styles with heated moments during the weigh-ins, trashtalk back and fourth and bangers of impactful punches and kicks.THIS IS PURE RIVARLYSubscribe to get all the latest GLORY news content: http://www.glorykickboxing.com/registerConnect with GLORY online and on Social: Website: http://www.www.glorykickboxing.com/ Twitter: https://twitter.com/GLORY_WS Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GLORYKICKBOXINGOFFICIAL Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/glorykickboxing/ Snapchat: https://tinyurl.com/GLORYSNAP

    Anthony Joshua Will Have ‘Spot On’ Sparring For Pulev, Says Hearn

    IBF, WBO, WBA, IBO heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua will need top of the line sparring to defeat mandatory challenger Kubrat Pulev, according to the...

    Top Finishes: Lil Nog

    This video was originally published on UFC – Ultimate Fighting Championship
    Advertisement