UNCASVILLE, Conn. – Bellator 260 has lost a main-card fight.
The women’s flyweight bout between Brazilians Vanessa Porto and Ilara Joanne was called off Friday. Shortly after the conclusion of the event’s official weigh-ins, promotion officials revealed Porto did not receive proper medical clearance to compete from the commission and the fight was scrapped.
MMA Junkie subsequently was told by promotion officials that the event will continue with a four-fight main card.
BREAKING: The flyweight bout between Vanessa Porto and Ilara Joanne has been cancelled. Vanessa Porto was not cleared by the commission to compete. #BELLATOR260
— Bellator Public Relations (@BellatorPR) June 10, 2021
Porto, 37, was the final fighter to weigh in at Thursday’s official weigh-ins and needed the towel in order to hit her mark. The fight was scheduled for a 128-pound contract weight, which was booked on short notice for both fighters.
Bellator 260 takes place Friday at Mohegan Sun Arena. The main card streams on Showtime after prelims on MMA Junkie.
With the change, the Bellator 260 lineup includes:
MAIN CARD (Showtime, 9 p.m. ET)
- Champ Douglas Lima vs. Yaroslav Amosov – for welterweight title
- Paul Daley vs. Jason Jackson – 175-pound contract weight
- Aiden Lee vs. Aaron Pico
- Demarques Jackson vs. Mark Lemminger
PRELIMINARY CARD (MMA Junkie, 6 p.m. ET)
- Levan Chokheli vs. Kyle Crutchmer
- Tywan Claxton vs. Justin Gonzales
- Bobby King vs. Nick Newell
- Lucas Brennan vs. Matthew Skibicki – 150-pound contract weight
- Amanda Bell vs. Marina Mokhnatkina
- Alex Polizzi vs. Gustavo Trujillo
This was originally published on www.mmajunkie.com