The UFC is once again setting up a fight with Amanda Ribas and Paige VanZant, multiple sources told MMA Fighting. This time, though, Ribas and VanZant will meet in a flyweight contest. Combate first reported the news.
The yet-to-be-announced event is expected to take place at UFC’s “Fight Island,” per sources. On her social media Thursday, VanZant wrote “coming to an island near you.”
The 26-year-old talents were originally scheduled to meet in a 115-pound bout in Brasilia, Brazil, on March 14, but “12 Gauge” had to withdraw due to a lingering arm injury.
Ribas (9-1) went on to face Randa Markos that night in Brazil, improving to 3-0 in the UFC with a decision win. The Brazilian prospect plans on going back down to strawweight after this match, a division where she also beat Mackenzie Dern and Emily Whitmire.
VanZant (8-4), who has only one fight left in her contract with the promotion, hasn’t fought since a second-round armbar victory over Rachael Ostovich in Jan. 2019. VanZant holds a UFC record of five wins and three losses, including stoppage victories over Bec Rawlings, Alex Chambers and Kailin Curran.
Get the latest gear
- Jon Jones Autographed 16×20 Kick Photo
- Jon Jones UFC Fathead on Sale
- Jon Jones Battle Cry T-Shirt
- UFC Reebok Baseball Adjustable Hat
- Conor McGregor Framed Autographed UFC 205 Photograph
- UFC Reebok USA Country Snapback Adjustable Hat
- UFC Single Fight Model Glove Display Case
- Conor McGregor UFC Autographed Alvarez KO Spotlight
This article was originally published on www.mmafighting.com